Download files for videos #26 & 26: https://people.highline.edu/mgirvin/AllClasses/348/MSPTDA/Content/DataModeling/MSPTDA-25-26-DownloadAllFiles.zip
Class web site with individual file downloads: https://people.highline.edu/mgirvin/AllClasses/348/MSPTDA/Content/DataModeling/DataModeling.htm
pdf notes for Video #25-26: https://people.highline.edu/mgirvin/AllClasses/348/MSPTDA/Content/DataModeling/025-26-MSPTDA-BudgetVaActual.pdf
In this video learn about how create a Data Model with Relationships and DAX Measures to compare month product budgeted amounts to actual amounts. Then calculate variances.
1. (00:24) Introduction & look at Data Modeling Problem
2. (03:20) Data Modeling with Relationships
3. (05:15) Diagram and pictures of how Filter Context works in our Data Model
4. (07:00) DAX Measures
5. (08:35) Important Data Modeling with Hiding Columns
6. (09:10) Data Model PivotTable
7. (09:50) Attributes that can NOT slice our Report
8. (10:28) Conclusion
Comprehensive Microsoft Power Tools for Data Analysis Class, BI 348, taught by Mike Girvin, Excel MVP and Highline College Professor.